It was SO COLD tonight that we didn't even stay for the entire parade. We would have if J would have wanted to but HE is the one who said he was done and ready to go home. It didn't bother either one of us since it wasn't one of Junctions best. As far as the Parade of Lights go, this year was pretty much a huge disappointment. There were huge gaps between floats so we were just sitting there in the cold waiting for the next one to come along, sometimes for several minutes. There were over 100 entries in this years parade and so after an hour and a half, and well after dark when temperatures are dropping by the minute, our warm fire place and a cup of hot chocolate sounded pretty good.
Speaking of hot chocolate. My mother bought me some special hot chocolate mix last year and then lost it. So she went back looking for it after Christmas and found some Polar Express Hot Coco Mix. I have been saving it all year so we could enjoy it this year during Christmas. I thought tonight was the perfect night to break it open. So open it I did only to find that the can, I kid you not, was not even half full!!! I was so disappointed. It is really good hot chocolate but I'm sure that for the amount of money my mother paid for it, even after Christmas, It should be a FULL can, or at the very least 3/4 full.
All in all, it's been a pretty good day. Everybody who worked at Golden Corral was asking J what he had done to get his Star Certificate and were giving him high fives all around. It was great. He walked right in and ordered his drink and then told them he was there to get his free meal please. It was great.
I feel, for really the first time in my life that the Holidays for my family are in full swing, and we're actually enjoying them, not just standing on the sideline watching as they go by. J is getting older and is doing so good in school. He will be in his first Christmas Program next weekend and his Kindergarten class will be preforming at Barnes and Noble next week. We have our house decorated and our tree up complete with candy canes. The forecast calls for some snow tonight and it's supposed to continue for the next 3 days or so. I kind of hope it does. J's been wanting some snow to play in and was just asking his dad a little while ago when they could build a snowman together again. Soon Buddy, soon.
What a Mess
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment