J has been working very hard his potty training here lately. He has the whole going potty thing down pretty well. But this pooping this is just not
happening. I just don't know what I'm going to do. I've tried about everything I know of short of putting him on that toilet and holding him down until that poop comes out and he sees that nothing bad is going to happen. I won't do that of course because it would just
traumatize him and do no good for my back. I have offered potty or in this case pooping treats, I have put up some special rewards that he will get when he starts pooping in the toilet thinking that if he saw them everyday he would want them bad enough and thus, poop in the toilet. Nope. Not
happening. Then I went and bought some cookie dough and told him that when he starts pooping, we would make cookies. He could put m&
m's in them if he wanted. He got all excited. He wants to put little m&
m's inside with big m&m on the outside. I said we can do that. And he was so excited. He started jumping and dancing around the kitchen. I was excited with him. I thought I had finally found the miracle "trick" to getting him to go in the toilet. NOPE. NOT
HAPPENING. His preschool teacher has told him that when he does start going, they will have a pooping party at school to celebrate that he can go in the toilet all the time, complete with m&m chocolate chip cookies and milk. Please tell me that this really does happen. Little boys really do get potty trained, right?
No comments:
Post a Comment