Wow! It's been quite busy around here and it's hard sometimes to find time to sit down and blog sometimes. J is doing great in school. He loves his PE teacher, Mr. Warinner. It kind of helps that Daddy worked with Mr. Warinner when they both taught at Mesa View Elementary. He also loves Library Tuesday and Music Thursday. They (his class) have started working in the computer lap too. He really likes this too. We tried to set up a computer for him but when that didn't work out so well, I put some preschool learning games on my laptop for him and he LOVES it. It's fun to see him learning and having fun too. I'm really glad he is liking school. I hope he continues to like it. His teachers are starting a Kindergarten Book Club on Wednesday's. I was excited by this but wasn't sure that J would want to do it. He loves books so I was sure hoping. When I talked to him about it he was very excited and wanted to join. I was very happy to hear this and filled out the form to sign him up. I hope he likes learning to read. He gets so frustrated so easily and can become very upset if he thinks he's not doing it "right".
In other news here in the Dauk house, We have now officially dealt with our first ever bee sting when Bobby was outside doing some light yard work. I was standing right there and all of a sudden he yelled OUCH and grabbed his arm. I've never had anyone stung by a bee before so I jumped on WebMD to see what I should do. I got the stinger out and all the poison I could, cleaned it and bandaged it. He seemed to be fine UNTIL the next day. When he woke up the next day, his entire arm was swollen, the sting area was very red, swollen and very very HOT. I called the Dr. and they got him in right away. The Dr. gave him some medication for the reaction and within 36 hours it was gone. I was very relieved as was Bobby.
All was well then until Friday night. There is a skate park real close to our house and J has decided that he is "Big" enough to ride his bike in the skate park. J has been wanting to just spend time with daddy and I lately. So on Friday he wanted us to all go for a bike ride together. All was well until I took a nice and embarrassing fall, tumbling down with bike and all. By that time Bobby had already gone home so it was just J and I. Poor J. I scared him so bad. He jumped off his bike and came to my rescue. Other than being a little bruised and sore I am fine. I don't think I'll be doing any more bike riding until I get my own bike fixed. Bobby's bike and my Dad's extra bike are just a little to big for me, especially since I haven't ridden a bike in years.
Bobby and I have a busy week ahead of us as we get ready for his sister's visit next week. We are very excited that she is coming to see us. J doesn't know that her visit is so close. He may not even remember that she is coming, but he will be so excited to see her again. He just loves his Aunt Maggy. I will for sure get pictures while she is here AND post them. I Will, I Promise.
What a Mess
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment