Now that the first week of school is over, J seems to be having a lot of fun and I am amazed at how much he is learning already. It's kind of funny that when I ask him what he did all he can tell me is that they played on the playground during recess. And when I ask him what he learned that day, all I get is I can't remember Mom. But by dinner time he is just chatting away about this and that and everything they are learning about in school. He Loves music class. He was singing his songs and doing the little dance moves that go along. It was great. And of course, the fact that he is just so dag-gone cute makes it even better. Today was Rainbow Day. They have been learning about all the colors of the Rainbow this past week so they were supposed to wear different colored clothes and have on as many colors of the Rainbow as possible. J wore his tye-dye shirt he made a few weeks ago with some bright orange, red and yellow flower print shorts, (did not match at all), with one blue sock and one red and white sock and two different shoes. He looked GREAT! He was the most decked out of all his class mates. His teacher loved it. It was fun.
I'm glad he's liking school now. Every once in a while he will ask about his "old" school, where he went to preschool. He will say he misses it and wants to go back but when I remind him that he wouldn't be in Miss Loni's class anymore he decides that Pomona is okay with him. It really helps that his best buddy Christian is in his class too. They are just two peas in a pod I tell ya, those two. They have "been together" since the very beginning of their adoption journeys so yea, they are pretty close. I'm happy for him, it's always good to have a buddy by your side through this journey called life.
What a Mess
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment